Thursday, May 15, 2008

Post Japan Syndromes!

Hello all!

I'm still suffering from post- Japan syndrome but life has to go on.. Hehe.. Quite long entry ahead..

Anyway, met up with 306 on 12th May for a Belated Birthday celebration for Wei Lun.. Picked Bei Lin up from Eastpoint and got treated to Bubble Tea.. Thanks! Had a hard time finding the Suntec City carpark.. Walked over to Marina Square to meet Wei Lun & Cherie for KBOX.. Student Tapas is great value.. 3 cheers to it!

Hehe.. That's "Sarah" on TV.. So we decided to take a picture with her..

Headed off to meet Ayuni & Sarah for dinner at Breeks.. Wei Lun excused himself for the toilet and we prepared the birthday cake to surprise him..

Happy 20th Birthday!

Ayuni's neck looks long.. Hehe.. Camera tricks..

Nothing to do after dinner so we went for a short spin in my car.. Drove past Singapore Flyer and dropped Wei Lun & Cherie off at the MRT.. Sorry guys cannot send you all home.. =( Anyway, almost got lost on our way back.. Many thanks to my 3 lovely backseat drivers who got us all home safely.. =)

Now Sarah's on her first flight as The Air Stewardess to Adeliade.. Hehe.. Tell me what's fun there ya? And Wei Lun's on his first out of Malaysia trip.. Haha.. Dunno when we'll all meet again but I hope it's soon.. =)

Back to work on the 13th.. We were having some promotion of tourists and had to give out the Lonely Planet Singapore guide for free.. (They costs $40 each!) Sonnette and I got so bored that we took them out to read.. Read some very interesting facts about Singapore especially about Mustafa Centre and Geylang.. Haha.. And Guo Liang came for a photoshoot that day.. My goodness.. Those pants of his should just be burnt! He looked so weird!


14th May- Needed to go for a medical checkup for my Visa Application to Australia and only one clinic in Singapore does that- SATA Chinatown Clinic.. Almost got lost on the way there.. Paid like almost $700 for the whole Visa Application and Checkup.. And I had to wait more than 1 hr for my turn.. Damn..

I now realise why the wait was so long- trainees! So many of them! And only one pathetic "Sister" nurse to teach them all.. And also, they had a trainee male nurse who after my 5 mins of examination could see was blur, asked repeated questions and smelled horribly.. Man.. It wouldn't hurt to take a bath in the morning before work would it? Geez..

Initially, I thought I had to take a blood test which I'm really scared off.. But the doctor said urine test would do.. Heng ah.. Did an X-Ray after that.. Then followed by a phototaking for the Visa.. Rules: Must show ears and eyebrows and cannot show teeth.. Haha.. I ended up looking like a chimpanzee.. I'm glad they didn't allow me to bring home the picture.. I'll probably burn it off the face of this earth.. Haha..

15th May- Went to watch Iron Man at the new E!Hub at Downtown East with my sisters.. The carpark sucks by the way.. The parking is diagonal and you have to go up one level to exit the building.. Overall, a very trendy and "in" place to be.. They even have a shop that was opened up by an Ex-Chef from Meritus Mandarin's Chatterbox.. He was the guy who came up with the award winning recipe.. Gonna try it one day..

Bought our tickets.. Man.. The queue lines are so confusing.. Ticketing only.. Ticketing and Popcorn.. In the end, I bought my nachos combo from the "Ticketing Only" counter.. ZzZzZ.. The nachos suck by the way.. The cheese tastes old and sticky.. Eeew.. I'm boycotting Cathay's concession for a while.. However, the seats are super comfortable at E!Hub.. I just wish they had stadium seating like in Vivo and that they had more commercials instead of just starting directly on time.. Ironman is nice! Just that there were some draggy parts here and there..

Plan to go out with Juliana, Zhi Jun and Cecilia cancelled tml.. =(

No comments: