Thursday, June 25, 2009

Whitewater Rafting!

Hello all!

Another fun- filled OFF day! Had to wake up at the wee hours of the morning to head back to Four Seasons for a "Thank You Overnight Crew Breakfast". It's basically a treat for us overnight crew from the top management to have the buffet breakfast at the resort's restaurant like any normal guest. Sweet. Haha. The price for an Adult to have breakfast here is US$27++ so you just convert it to SGD to see how much it costs. =)

The weather got extremly hot today at 25 DC and it will probably be the last day of such pretty weather before the thunderstorms start again. -.-' Sadi proposed going whitewater rafting a few days ago and since it was complimentary for staff from Four Seasons so why not? Hahaha. Grabbed Yinyin along for the ride too.


Because the rivers had high water conditions today, we had to rent wetsuits. But I just rented booties too to make walking easier. I look like Spiderman. Hahaha.


The ugly wetsuit. Now I know how I would look if I was flat-chested. Oh, and everybody meet my new friend from Turkey- Sadi. =)

And we're off for our 8 mile Whitewater Rafting trip! Started off with a 30 minute drive down to one of the violent parts of the Snake River. Then it was time to put on the life jackets, helmets etc. and to grab a paddle. Our guide was Wayne who has been rafting for 16 years. Being less experienced, we volunteered to sit at the back because he needed 2 strong lead paddlers.

Whoo hoo! Welcome to Lunch Counter! The area with the craziest rapids on this trail.

Overexposure. Not nice. Hahaha.

Whoa!

I thought the whole raft was about to flip over. Hahaha. A kid from the raft in front of us fell over though. Her brother jumped in after her to push her out of the water while he himself got stuck and couldn't come up. So drama but it was real and so touching!

I was in between a laugh, a scream and having water in my mouth. =p By the way, even though the temperature was at 25 DC, the water was at 5 DC. LOL!

And yay! We made it out alive!

My hair stank to high heaven because of the helmet but who cares? It was so fun I think I can go over and over again! Whee! Hahaha.

I'm going to Orlando again next week! Whee! Hahaha. Can't wait can't wait! So excited. =) And I'm finally going to have a visitor. Whoopeedoooooooo! I just hope United Airlines gives me a seat on my plane ride there and back if not I'll be flying on the wings of the plane. Definitely first class.
Tata!

No comments: