Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Birmingham Day 2!

Hello all!

And now I shall continue with the entry..

Day 2- 11 April 2009

The houses remind me of Harry Potter. Haha. Don't they?

And we stayed in Agnes's friend, Flora's apartment during our stay in Birmingham.

Did some exploring on our own while waiting for Peiting's brother, Shun and Agnes to meet us for lunch. First stop, St. Martin's Church.

I wished I could have taken some shots of the church to pratice HDRI.


And on to the shopping malls, Bullring and Debenhams.

And some nearby Pasar Malam stalls. So cheap so cheap!

And the church door.

Some nice old lady walked by asking if we wanted help to take a picture. =)

And they have a Disney store in Bullring! Didn't buy anything in the end since the selection was pretty limited.

Goofy!

New Street Shopping Street.

Victoria Square! There seems to be a Victoria Square in every city. Haha.


Pretty flowers.

And there's Victoria.

And I've forgetten what this building was. I think it houses an art gallery or museum.

And we walked through the symphony hall on the way to meet Peiting's second brother, Kiat.


I look retarded I know. Haha.


On some bridge across some river.

I think it gets real pretty at night. Haha.

So Paris.

The Starbucks of the UK!

And it was Easter Holidays so everybody is out and about visiting attractions. Look at the long line.

Costa Costa Costa.


And then we proceeded on to a shopping centre called The Mailbox that sold only branded goods. Too bad, I earn only US$. Money small compared to Pounds. And I got bombarded by this salesgirl who asked me 10,001 questions about my camera. Jeez!


And then, there was Prada or was it LV?

Cherry Blossoms! In Birmingham!

Visted this church that housed a few tombstones.

I like this picture. Very high and mighty feeling.

Not sure if we could sit on the grass but we sat anyhow. Haha.

Perfect combination of Yan Wan, tombstone and cherry blossom.

Made a round in front of the church only to realise it was the one that we've been Wikipedia-ing and wanted to visit very badly.

So many many people!

Some needle.

And they brought us to this Karaoke + Restaurant place for dinner joint by their colleague, Natalie.

I bought this cool hat at Topman while shopping. Haha. Dunno when I'll ever wear it.

Sparkly disco ball.

Alright, that's end of Day 2!

No comments: