Friday, January 30, 2009

Idaho Falls

Hello all!

How was the Chinese New Year? Collected a lot of ang baos? I got three- Grandma, Papa and Mama.. =) And ironically enough, I was OFF on the first two days of the new year.. Should have flown home secretly.. Hehe.. Anyway, the first day of new year was spent sleeping in cos I stayed awake till 5am so that I could call back home as it would be 8pm in Singapore.. And I didn't know that housekeeping comes to clean my room every Monday and completely missed it because I hung the DND sign outside my door..

On the second day, I headed up to Idaho Falls to make my Social Security Number.. Original plan was to take a bus up and it would cost about $70 for a two-way trip.. But Orkun, my colleague from Turkey wanted to head up as well to do some shopping (Jackson has no shopping malls) so he borrowed a car from his friend which couldn't start that morning due to the cold weather so we ended up renting one for about $90..

Long 2 hours drive all the way to Idaho Falls..

Beautiful scenery along the way..

I wasn't kidding when I said it was cold here.. Haha..

Hello! He did the driving of course since it was on the left side.. And asked a million questions about working in Singapore.. Haha..

Q-ed for about 30 mins but the process only took like 3 mins.. -.-'

Headed to a place called Sam's Club which was kinda like IKEA+Giant+Courts.. Had lunch.. 2 huge slices of pizza.. Gosh.. Forgot to take picture of it.. Haha.. Shopped around after that.. Wandered to the books section and saw Eclipse being sold at a knock out price of $12.52 from the original $19.99! But to buy the book at a discounted price, you had to be a member of the place.. The cashier was nice enough to use hers to let me have the discount cos we explained we won't be visiting again soon.. =)

Went to a budget shop after that which reminded me of The Reject Shop.. And off to Ross where the clothes were on sale!

I forgot what was sold in The Best Buy already but I didn't get anything from there..

A car was a must have here because public transportation was completely non- existent.. Luckily we decided to rent a car instead.. Whew!

Target! Loved the shopping here the most! Haha..And I found Breaking Dawn selling for a discounted price of $16.02 instead of the original $22.99.. Whoo Hoo!

Poor trolley..

And some electric stores.. I'm so gonna save up for a pro camera..

Left for home around 5pm.. The sun was starting to set already..

Pretty eh?

Slept all the way back.. It's so dangerous to be driving at night cos there's no street lamps and the roads were winding since we're living on moutain ranges..

And my purchases for the day!

1) Black Flats for work
2) Knife for cooking
3) Lip Balm
4) Tumbler for work
5) Polo Ralph Lauren fleece blanket
6) Track Pants
7) The Swan Princess DVD
8) Eclipse & Breaking Dawn

In other words, I've just started on my first series of afternoon shifts and it's not bad.. My 6th day on the job yesterday was full of drama.. A guest came up to my counter, broke down and started crying.. Complete shock.. And then I had to go up and lock a guest out from his room.. Scary..

And also working the afternoon shifts means I have to rush for the last bus home.. The shift supposedly ends at 1130pm but because the last bus is at 1140pm so we're more or less allowed to leave at 1115pm.. And I can't take taxis to and fro from work because Jackson doesn't have taxis running on the roads.. All taxis must be pre-booked and a trip home from work to home costs about $30.. So no way.. Haha..

Ok! It's 1105am now.. Off to find something for lunch and time to prepare for work.. Bye!

No comments: