Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Graduates Restaurant + 50's Women

Hello all!

The AEM class + Joleen & Aram decided to have dinner at the Graduates Restaurant as sorta a celebration for our successful event on Halloween.. It's TAS's RITS but opened during dinner as well.. How cool is that eh? Haha..

The entrance.. Well, this picture was actually taken when we left.. Haha..

Bread! It's been so long since I fine-dined..

The butter was stacked in such a cute pattern.. Poor service staff have to balance it while carrying it out..

The prologue of the menu explaining about the servers all being students etc.

The inside of the restaurant.. Quite a huge restaurant compared to RITS.. And the people dining were all outsiders except for us.. So stressful eh?

My camera died during the entree and only got revived during the main course.. Haha.. All my potions that night.. Couldn't finish them as usual..

Amanda and Luisa making a "Thank You" speech for all our hard work for the event..

My main course.. I seriously forgot the name cos it was so fanciful.. Haha.. But it was duck.. Couldn't finish it though..

Dessert! Some chocolate mousse thing with ALEXANDRINA cream.. Haha.. I love that name.. Such a cool and strong name.. Which reminds me of something.. I had to email Tangs Singapore about renting some space for our IM assignment.. And I quoted my name as "Andrina Polosum".. Haha..

The cheese trolley! Never seen such a thing in my life before.. Haha..




And a group picture for memories! =) It's probably going to be my first and last time dining at Graduates..

We were the last table to leave.. Haha.. All the students gathering beside the bar.. Luisa's sister was one of them tonight and she went, "Are you guys ready to leave yet?" Muahaha.. If only I had a sister who shares the same interest as me.. Kuakuakua.. One loves design, another loves Big Bird and the other one loves her bearbear.. O.o

By the way, they started playing Backstreet Boys towards the end.. So inappropriate but we were still all singing along to the songs.. Haha.. And one of the songs is the one I have on my blog now..

And, the total bill came up to $405.10! Haha.. What the hell did we eat?! But after a few discounts, coupons, lecturer's favour, it became $145.10.. So worth it for a table of 8 with 3 courses, 3 bottles of wines, cocktails, petit fours etc.

Right before we left, the girls got a little crazy.. Haha.. =)

All in all, it brought back memories of RITS.. Service! Service! Service! I hope I still haven't forgotten the proper ways.. Have you? =p

Anyway, I was on MSN and happened to see this article.. Women in their 50s but don't look like it..

Ann Curry- She's 51! O.o She's an Emmy Award Winner Journalist..

Ellen DeGeneres- She's 50! If you see the energy she has on her daily talkshow- Ellen, you would never believe it..

Iman- She's 53! I'm totally in awe.. How does she manage to keep it so good? She's a model I think..

And your ever famous- Vera Wang.. Guess how old she is? 59! Her eyes make her look old but her sense of style and fashion definitely does not make her look old..

Ok.. That's it from me tonight.. Wanted to do some studying but the alcohol is getting to me.. Haha.. So I'm off to bed! Good Night folks!

No comments: