Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Jia!

Hello all!

Happy Halloween! Though I don't think it's much of a celebration back home except for the party happening at Zouk.. Anyway, today's the final preparation for our event tomorrow.. And I'm falling sick.. Dratz.. But actually I pray for clear skies and a warm day tomorrow.. If it rains, we'll be in deep shit and if it's too cold tomorrow, people are going to be freezing while playing the games..

Anyway, had a surprise birthday celebration for Jia tonight.. Her actual birthday is actually tomorrow but we won't have time to do that with the event and Halloween Party going on as well..

So after dinner, Celine and I smuggled the birthday cake from the kitchen into her unit's freezer.. But the cake was too huge! Jialat.. It was an ice cream cake so we had to put it somewhere freezing.. So we turned down the temperature of the normal fridge and placed the cake on the shelf nearest to the freezer..

Came 9pm and I headed back to Celine's unit on the pretence of getting something from her.. Lighted the candles and prepared to move back to my unit.. Yohana stayed behind to turn off the lights and keep Jia in her room while we prepared.. Ruby carried the cake, I carried the present and opened the door and Celine took pictures..

Haha.. The surprise worked! Just look how happy and surprised she is! Yay!

Make a wish!

And cut the cake.. Don't you think that the cake is just too beautiful? Haha.. And Jia's holding on to her pressie..

Ice Cream Birthday Cake from Wendy's! We couldn't finish it so we left it in the fridge for Ingrid when she returns from her holiday in Gold Coast.. Haha..

A group photo taken by timer.. Haha.. Everybody getting ready for bed liaoz..

Jia cutting the cake for us.. I thot the oldest was to get the cake first but in the end, they gave it to the youngest first- Me! Muahaha..

Her presents from us.. The card we signed and a snow flake necklace.. I had to blackened part of the picture because.. yeah.. Haha..

So glad she enjoyed the celebration.. Finished my bottle of dessert wine at long last.. And we started singing birthday songs in our own languages.. Vietnamese version is so cute.. Haha..

And and and, I feel so proud of myself.. I survived till the end of this month with 2% of my internet left.. Haha.. Can't wait for tomorrow for it to be reset again..

Ok.. So I'm done for today.. Going to sleep early if not I'll never recover.. Haha.. Good Night!

No comments: