Friday, August 1, 2008

Course Commencement Ceremony

The 2 weeks of misery is finally over! I now have internet in my room! Wan Shui! Today is a good day!

Stomach was growling since the night before so even though class started an hour later today, I still woke up at the original time to go find some breakfast.. Printed my new timetable after that (at last!).. The timings are kinda cool.. Mondays- 9am to 4pm, Tuesdays- 9am to 5pm, Wednesdays- 2- 5pm, Thursday- 9am to 12pm and Fridays- 9am to 12pm.. Ooh.. I love my Thursdays and Fridays!

Came back to find the internet in my room fixed! Couldn't contain my excitement and started cheering so loudly that got my housemates hysteric too.. Haha.. Lessons were good too.. All the lecturers were like happy? Maybe cos of tonight.. Hehe.. And good news was that I have a total of 4 tutorials cancelled on Monday.. Yay!

And now the highlight of tonight! The Course Commencement Ceremony! Something that we've been preparing for a long time already.. So after class, the girls all came to my house to prepare cos Ingrid was our makeup artist for that night.. Haha.. She's really our savior that night.. Imagine 6 girls all counting on you for their makeup that night.. Thank You!

*Be prepared for pictures of a very different me! Muahaha!

Paulina and I wanted to started a "Before & After" album.. Haha.. This is definitely the "Before"..
The preparation..

I was almost done so I went around snapping pictures of the people "undone".. Haha.. Jia looks happy..


Our chef of the day- Paulina! Thank You for cooking the noodles! Can't have us drinking without filling our tummys with something first right? =)

Mad rush when we realised we were going to be late for the bus.. And in this freezing weather, some of us didn't even bother to wear jackets cos it'll be so troublesome and non-matching.. Haha..

On the bus there.. I was telling Ingrid that the bus look like those used for Primary School Field Trips like that.. Haha..

And we've finally reached the venue! Holiday Inn Adelaide!


The function room where the opening speech and prize presentation was done..

The CEO, Gerald Lipman giving a speech..

Yohana, Me, Ingrid & Jia.. Waiting for the ceremony to begin..

A speech was done by the CEO followed by the prize presentation ceremony.. The prizes were awarded to the tops of each year and of each subject.. Something interesting to note was that the people who got the tops were mostly from the "Popular" clique in my school.. Haha.. So who says you can't be both popular and smart? And I just found out the motto of my school is "Network! Network! Network!"

The ceremony ended with a speech by 2 fellow Degree students.. Damn funny and interesting speech.. Even though I skipped the first 3 years of the Diploma at ICHM but I sure understand that feeling of studying for one.. Haha.. Then it was time! Time for what you say? Time for drinking of cos! You could see students dashing out the moment the MC announced that the ceremony has ended.. Haha..

Grabbed a flute of champage of the table.. Damn nice champagne sia.. Not those cheapo supermarket can find kind.. Haha.. And do you know that the supermarkets in Australia are not allowed to sell beer & liquour? Just found out today also.. Haha..

A full group picture! Jia, Aisah, Ingrid, Yohana, Yan Wan, Celine, Ruby & Paulina.. =) Love them!

3 cameras were going off at the same time.. Haha.. Dunno which one to look at.. Man, I feel like a star again.. Haha..

My beloved housemates! What would I do without them? =]

Marian & Edwin! They're Singaporeans too!

Sylvester! My first Singaporean friend at ICHM.. =)

Tiara! She's half Japanese half Singaporean! =)

Amanda! We were supposed to have a beer drinking session that night but I couldn't find the beer.. Haha.. =)

Edwin! I must talk to him more often cos he likes to say I don't talk a lot to them.. Haha.. =)

Marian! I got to know her during HR class where we had to find a buddy to introduce ourselves.. Haha.. =)

Another Edwin but he's from Indonesia!

Remy!

Michael! I was supposed to tag this photo in facebook but I forgot his last name.. Oops! =p

Niccolo! Hope I spelt it correctly! He's from the Phillipines! Funny guy.. Haha..

Ravin! One of the bestest pals to do tutorial group work with.. Haha.. Endless laughter..

Whoo! Off to toilet for a break.. Haha.. But don't stop taking pictures! Blehz!

Aisah! =)

Singapore Gang!

Ian Health! He teachers me 3 subjects sia! But he got promoted so a new lecturer's coming in.. =(
This pic was taken by a professional photographer who didn't know how to use my camera.. -.-' He covered the flash..

Candid!

Paulina, Remy, Jia & Celine!

Er.. I was kinda tipsy at that moment.. Haha.. Downed the champagne too fast..

Cool pic!

Alex!

Aram! I hope I spelt it correctly too.. One of the student speakers that night.. Hehe..

Jolene! I think she was kinda tipsy too.. Haha..

Priscilla!

And Celine finally found her Vietnamese people!

Aki from Japan! He stayed in Singapore for 5 years but studied in the Australian International School..

Yohana! =)

Last pic before I left Holiday Inn..

The party continued to the SWISH pub at the North Terrace but only Aisah & Paulina went ahead.. The rest of us went back on school's tranport.. Thought it was a bus but they hired taxi for us instead.. Hehe..

Back at home.. We all took a personal shot.. Haha.. Look all you want k? Dunno when I'll be dressing up like that again.. Haha..

Lovely Housemates!

Whoo.. Finally finished at last.. Ok.. Gonna stop here liaoz.. Tml going horse riding! Yay!

No comments: