Saturday, July 26, 2008

20th Birthday Celebration

Hello all!

It's a bright Saturday morning! No school! Yay! Wanted to sleep in today but got awaken cos the room got so cold.. The heater was off.. Then I realised the entire apartment had no electricity.. Dratz.. Blackout.. Housemates all still sleeping.. Called reception and went down to the laundry room to turn the power back on.. Decided to go for breakfast anyway.. Ingrid woke up as well so we went tgt.. That reminds me, I haven't done my laundry yet.. Got full load today.. Dratz..

Anyway, the lovely housemates and friends celebrated my birthday yesterday.. Hehe.. Did some shopping str8 after class.. Bought some lightbulbs, instant noodles, drinks, body lotion, 2 flats, a pair of jeans and developed 20 photos for A$5.80.. Met up with Celine & Ingrid and off we go to Chinatown to meet the rest.. Coincidentally met Aisyah and Paulina at the tram stop too..

Adelaide's Chinatown! Very small sia.. Seems there's nothing to do in Adelaide liaoz.. Been to Chinatown twice this week and thrice to the city.. Gosh.. Haha..

Looks like everybody else went shopping eh.. Haha.. What to do.. Now Adelaide got big sale!

Wasai Japanese Restaurant! Sushi boat! From left to right (Paulina, Aisyah, Me, Yohana, Jia, Celine & Ingrid)..

We had a bit of leftover food so I introduced them to "Zhong Ji Mi Ma".. Haha.. Easiest way to clean off the food.. Haha.. The girls were so nice to treat me to the dinner.. Thank you!

Jia wanted to bring us to a good dessert place so we left after paying the bill.. On the way, we stopped in a boutique kind of shop for a look.. The lady boss got really interested in my scarf when I told her I bought it at Daiso for $2.. Haha.. Then she started to introduce the concept of her shop to us and coincidentally, her birthday was on 24th July! Just one day after mine.. Haha.. Jia bought a dress from there..

Man.. I didn't know I studied law.. Haha.. Come find me k? I charge real cheap de.. Haha..

The dessert place is called Sugerbowl.. Opened till late.. But the prices are quite exp.. A$6 for a bowl of dessert.. But I guess it was the standard pricing around here..

While waiting for the desserts.. I forgot to tell them that I set my camera to 2 shots for the timer and in the end, Paulina went to get the camera and it ended up taking a picture of her palm.. Haha..

My housemates! Jia (China), Ingrid (Hong Kong), Yohana (Indonesia)..

Man.. I feel like a star.. Haha..

A group pic!

The second shot from the timer function.. Haha.. Only Aisyah and I changed poses.. Haha..

Our desserts! I ordered the one right at the bottom.. Mango with Tofu Pudding!

And this was my "birthday cake"! Haha.. They mixed all the leftover desserts together and sang me a birthday song! Haha.. Looks disgusting but it didn't taste half bad.. I even made a wish.. Haha..

Rushed to the bus stop to catch the 950 bus home if not we have to wait for another half an hour.. And on the way back, the bus broke down after making a turn.. Dratz.. The driver got down and did something to the engine and it came back to life! Haha.. We were kidding that it was Jia's fault becos just 2 days ago, an old lady fell while alighting from the bus and she had to take a long 30mins walk as the driver couldn't drive off and the next bus was not coming very soon as well.. Haha.. Our driver was so cute.. After he came back to his seat he called out, "Are you guys afraid? Don't cry!" Haha..

Changed the lightbulbs in my room with help from my housemates esp Jia.. Thank You! But I bought the wrong type again.. Dratz.. Wanted white light but it was yellow.. Must buy again sia.. Redecorated my whole bulletin board.. Pics below..

Oh by the way, on the way back from school, we saw a whole hoard of students gathering at the car park and 2 fire engines at the entrance of the Hospitality Centre.. Heard from John that someone set fire to the toilet.. Haha.. Bo liao sia.. This picture was taken from my room so you can't really see the students..

Now for a peek into my student life here in Aussie! Haha..

My newly redesigned billboard.. Haha.. Spent 1 hr on it sia.. I was too lazy to change the pics regularly for the 306's card so I just paste them all on a piece of paper and included them up on my board.. Haha.. Do I look like a homesick person?

Man.. If my parents saw this they would wonder if the school actually feeds me sia.. Haha.. This is for the late morning breakfasts and the late night suppers.. Haha..

I tell myself everynight that I must fall in love with my textbooks and include them in my Friendster's Favourite Books category.. Haha..

The daily skincare, bodycare, handcare, feetcare products.. I should really get a proper basket sia..

And the shoes section.. Hehe.. Now got sale so must buy more.. But I bet my parents will flip if they see this sia.. Haha..

And now for a very late entry.. This was before I left for Aussie.. A farewell celebration by 306 at Clarke Quay.. I think we have some pictures at the eating places but cannot find them so I'll just post these very interesting pics.. =]


I forgot what each of us are supposed to do sia.. But I'm gonna get nightmares from Ayuni's eyes sia.. Haha..

Man.. I'm gonna get nightmares from Beilin, Ayuni and Sarah sia.. Haha.. And Weilun's flat on the carpark ground liaoz.. I guess he misses Army life where they have to crawl under those bushes..
Act cute I think? Haha..

I miss you guys.. And my car as well.. Haha..

A failed jumping attempt..

Say cheese!


12 hand Buddha.. Or was there another one in the picture? Haha.. Sorry just scaring you guys..

The happy passengers while Beilin & I were navigating our way home.. Haha..

Ok.. Gotta end now.. 12pm liaoz.. Lunchtime.. Gotta do laundry and start on assignments liaoz..

Missing you guys as always! =)

No comments: