Thursday, February 21, 2008

1st Official Day @ Singapore Flyer..

At Flyer for work yesterday.. Reached too early so thot I'll lone by the Esplanade River for a while.. A Korean UNCLE approached me and asked if I lived here.. He was a very nice uncle asking me stuff about Singapore.. If only he was Korean hunk.. =p

Anyway, slacked for about 1 hr cos the supervisors were not there yet.. Got our new uniforms.. And believe me, we all looked like fitness instructors more than ticketing officers.. Slacked for another 30 mins and started work.. Went to office to take float and for counter assignments.. Carpark Counter with Wei Sung & Ida.. Jamie's our supervisor.. Got my new code and went to find out which flights were available today..

Basically bored to death because we're practically open to only to the Singapore Airshow and Chingay ticket holders.. And we're actually open up to the public! Why say NO to moolah right? Yup.. So ppl, you can come! Limited flights per day! So hurry hurry! Haha.. Slacked again all the way to 530pm.. Time to close counter!

Flyer has the easiest counter closing in all the jobs I've worked at.. Why? Becos you don't have to pack or return float! Haha.. Just merge your float with ur daily earnings and submit them all in.. Cos Finance will repack the float for us again.. Haha.. And for credit card slips, just press "Settlement" on your machine will do.. Dun have to do any Function 75 or press F4.. Easy right? Haha..

Standard Chartered booked the entire wheel for the whole night and therefore we didn't have a chance to ride it.. =( Originally deployed to help at the Security gates after closing but they had enuff staff so they sent us home an hour early..

Yup.. And so these are my adventures at Flyer at my official 1st day of work.. =) And for some unknown reason, I'm called Robyn at Flyer.. Something about because of my name being Yan Wan.. The "Yan" in Chinese is the bird Sparrow.. So if memory serves me, a Robin is a type of bird too.. Haha.. And because my favourite superhero is Batman.. =) Okie.. Will end of with some pics for the day..


Carpark Counter.. I was staring at grass the whole day..

The counter.. You don't have to key in any amount in the CC machine cos its linked to the computer.. Look at all the colour buttons on the keyboard.. So many functions..

Yakult Rainforest Discovery- The Waterfall

There's actually a net under the capusle.. Jamie says she wanna throw us down to test whether it works or not.. Haha..

Love this pic.. Sunset reflected on the capsule..

Some small lake with red smoky effect at the back..

Robin the bird aka Me.. ZzZzZzZz..

No comments: