Saturday, October 17, 2009

5th Time to Yellowstone!

Hello all!

10 days without an update. Tsk Tsk. Haha. Oh, remember I said this Sunday would be my last overnight shift for the season? Well, not anymore. They're making me come back to work as the overnight bellboy/girl for 9 nights! Hahaha. It's gonna be fun, I hope. Not to mention, I get to earn some more holiday money. =D


So, it looks like the Hilton Hotels Group changed its name, logo, website and slogan. It's now called Hilton Worldwide with not really a new logo because it's basically taking their oldest logo (not the blue one with the H in a cirle; the red one [go Google it]), inverting it around and colouring it gold and silver. And what is up with the slogan, "Filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality". I'm so glad I'm not working for them. LOL.

Oh, did I forget to mention? I have only 3 months left! Whoopeedoo!

Anyway, we went to Yellowstone again yesterday. Last time I'll ever drive in because no cars are allowed in during the winter, only snow mobiles and snow coaches.

It was cold yesterday. Raining and snowing too. If the clouds were dispersed and the sun was shining down, this scenery would be even prettier. Hahaha.

The top photo reads, "Look Ma! 5th time to Yellowstone!" LOL. No seriously, it was my 5th time there.

First stop was to West Thumb Geyser Basin. Lots of elk there. Warming up by the warm geyser steam as the temperature starts to drop. Look at those antlers! If he were to charge, we'll be human kebabs on a stick. Hahaha.

The sky started to clear up. Pretty pretty.

Wanted to warm up by the hot geysers, but even the steam came up cold! The temptation to jump in is indescribable. Hahaha.

Bison (again). Haha. We were the only car right by the road. And we did something we shouldn't have. We came out from the car even though we were just less than 8 feet away from the bison. Haha. Oops.

Next up was to Hayden Valley. Saw tonnes of bison on the opposite ledge. And a pile of poo.

The Grand Canyon. Couldn't walk down to the edge of the waterfall because the trail was closed due to ice and snow. Bummer. Oh well, we explored a top part of the falls this time.

LOL. Yin Yin says the last photo is my classic, "Hou Jia" pose.

The Mongolian influenced huts are warming huts that visitors use in the winter. And while waiting for the Old Faithful Geyser to erupt, we went into the visitor centre and saw a whole table of taxi dermy animals. Poor things.

4.27pm eruption. We took a quick photo and went to reserve first row seats. Haha.

It erupted about 5 mins past 4.27pm. I think I have more than 50 photos of the geyser erupting in my laptop. Hahaha.

Ended the day with this beautiful sunset on the drive home. Wished I had a better camera to capture the exact colours we saw.

Speaking of cameras, I so want to buy a new camera lens or even better a new camera. But they're all so expensive!! Christmas present volunteers? =)

Alright, I'm going to check on the soup I was boiling, have myself a good lunch and glue myself to the computer for the next 10 hours or so. Tata!

No comments: