Friday, September 25, 2009

Crazy Jet Setter Part 1!

Hello all!

Alright, I'm back with a proper update. This blog is going from dead to deader with either the most randomest updates or no updates at all. LOL. So here's Part 1 of my crazy jet setting journey halfway around the globe.

Jackson Hole to Denver. 39 mins to catch my next plane to Los Angeles for a 5 hour layover. Boring LAX. Had McDonalds and bought a book, Sundays at Tiffany's. Boarded this new pretty plane to Sydney. 14 hours flight. No entertainment system. Thank God for Economy Plus. Slept like a baby.

Some really weird curry yellow rice dish for supper followed by Breakfast No. 1 and Breakfast No. 2. The banana cake was good though. Touched down in Sydney. Had my vacuum packed chicken stew confiscated by the customs. Practically ran to catch my domestic flight to Adelaide. And that's Breakfast No. 3. My parents came to the airport to wait for me. =) Very BIG surprise.

Special rate to stay at the Hilton. And view from the room.

Took a cab back to Regency Park. Some shopping at the very familiar Vietnamese supermarket and of course lunch at the very familiar Vietnamese restaurant with Marian and Edwin.

Beef noodles, I missed you! And longan drink too. Hahaha. It might be another XX years before I'll return to have you again.

Brought my parents back to the school grounds for a visit. Ahh, memories.

I like the middle picture.

And of course, back to RIH! The receptionist recognised me but I didn't know her name. =X Dining hall where I grew fat, mailboxes where all the love mail from home came, and a newly painted kitchen. I would have loved to show my parents my old room but I know that would be impossible.

And back to Rundle Mall for some Haigh's Chocs and a walk down the lane that set me back by hundreds of Aussie $. Hahaha.

And the Graduation Night begins. Reunion with old friends! Lots of screaming and hugging. Hahaha.

So many different cards on the table.

And this is what the guests paid A$85 for. Hmm. Not very worth it in my opinion. Especially the main course. The cheesecake was superb though. Oh, and free flow of wine but I didn't have any for fear of concussing before the ceremony began. Note: I slept probably less than 8 hours over the past 48 hours. Hahaha.

Was shoo-ed out of the ballroom to get dressed up for the ceremony. Followed by forming a line according to our last names. Got caught in between Kyri & Aram. And with these two around, non stop laughing and jokes about anything and everything about the ceremony. And then the march in.

Yay! =)

While waiting for my name to be called, I was fretting over that blue cape sliding down, my mortar board falling of my head and tripping over the stairs and landing flat on my face.

But hey! We finally did it! When the MC announced, "Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting to you, the 2009 graduates of the Bachelor in International Hotel Management!" Whoo! All the mortar boards just flew up! One of the happiest moments of my life. I wished I had the video from my father.

What I've always dreamt of to have on my graduation. The parchment, flowers, a teddy bear and of course, my parents with me. =) And no, that is not a wedding ring. It's an ICHM badge.

And of course, all the friends. Look at the way everybody's wearing that blue cape. Haha. I told you it was irritating. It was so sad to say goodbye to everyone after that. We're all over the world so it's gonna be so hard to see everyone again. But I'm sure we would someday. =)

And here's the parchment! I hope it's being framed up somewhere at home now.

Went out for a short walk early the next morning before the flight. Sunday turns Adelaide into a dead city. Look at the streets! We couldn't even find dim sum for breakfast in Chinatown.

So we headed back to the Hilton. Coming to America has actually made me love something. And that's pancakes and waffles for breakfast. Haha. I still get really turned off by pizzas and hamburgers and steaks though.



More walking and exploring. And finally it was time to head to the airport.

Had breakfast at the KrisFlyer Lounge. Another 1st I would say.

The golden (green) ticket home! Goodbye Adelaide! I'll see you in a few years time! Singapore, here I come!

Oh, and before I end off, I definitely need to mention the meals on that flight. All I can say is I felt like a pig. No time to rest at all. It was just like drink eat drink eat. We had a snack, followed by lunch and then an hour later, noodles and pie! -.-' Really, I felt the money paid for the flight was really worth it but they really didn't have to feed me like that. Hahahaha. Watched 'The Proposal'. Ooh, so good. Hahaha. I love Ryan Reynolds.

Ok, watch out for Part 2! You'll all get features! =D

No comments: